Marketing Manager & Creative Director
Creative Wingspan | February 2018 – Current
Consulting lead in all marketing projects from initial concept to design, development, ongoing analytics, campaign maintenance and support. Responsible for producing creative work for print and digital projects across all channels while managing budgets, deadlines and tracking all details and tasks required to complete projects. Account lead in client relationships and communication. First responder in resolving issues and managing daily stream of work.
Digital Creative Director
BCF | Virginia Beach, VA | February 2015 – February 2018
Interactive department lead for all digital creative and web site development. Managed a team of programmers and web producers to build and maintain websites and digital projects. Responsible for measuring and planning success through strategy, analytics, and data. Participated in new business pitches, research, writing, and client onboarding. Worked in tandem with account teams to help manage and maintain client relationships.
Launch Interactive | Virginia Beach, VA | July 2007 – January 2014
Lead designer dedicated to making sure all creative products upheld quality standards. Maintained a collaborative environment that improved the skills and talents of each team member. Organized project planning, development and brainstorming sessions. Managed designers, freelancers and vendors. Worked with team members to ensure planning, resources and budgets met project scope. Presented and pitched creative ideas to clients.
Senior Art Director
BCF | Virginia Beach, VA | March 2007 – July 2007
Developed and managed the development of creative concepts and designs of interactive projects such as websites, e-mails, banners, and video. Managed the production and development of website elements within deadlines. Reviewed concepts with creative team members and provided direction for revisions. Helped establish and implement project development process.
Interactive Art Director
TMG3 | Virginia Beach, VA | June 2002 – March 2007
Lead designer in high-profile projects and corporate communications. Responsible for the creative quality of all department projects. Maintained and organized project archives and working style guides. Educated and mentored team members on design, technical standards, and programming. Concepting, designing, and development of websites, e-newsletters, interactive CDs, business presentations, online ads, advergames, and website maintenance.
Marketing Assistant/Art Director
NEXCOM | Virginia Beach, VA | October 2001 – June 2002
Project lead for developing websites, printed materials and interactive presentations for marketing and other departments. Responsibilities included; advertisements, annual reports, and other corporate publications, web illustrations, website content and layout, e-commerce design, intranet development, interactive presentations, and staff photographer.
Decipher Games | Norfolk, VA | July 1996 – December 2000
Lead in all marketing projects from initial concept to design, development, ongoing analytics, campaign maintenance and support. Responsible for producing creative work for print and digital projects across all channels while managing budgets, deadlines and tracking all details and tasks required to complete projects. Account lead in client relationships and first responder in resolving issues and managing daily stream of work.
BFA Communication Arts & Design
SCHOOL FOR THE ARTS
- Create/implement digital strategies to increase engagement and conversions
- Project management experience working with diverse teams, budgets and timelines
- Design and develop brand materials across all marketing channels
- Track website performance through Google analytics and heat mapping
- Writing for marketing materials, editing and proofreading
- Identify core audiences and leveraging relevant messaging and campaigns
- Social media management and reporting
- Email content design, segmentation and management
- Formal training in design theories and principles
- Experience designing across all disciplines – print and digital
- Create and implement brand identity systems
- Lead and guide assignments in strategic direction, creative and methodology
- Experience in print production
- Photography, video editing, motion graphics, and sound design
- Acute attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Adobe Creative Suite
- HTML/CSS with basic knowledge of PHP
- UX/UI design and optimization
- Cross-browser/device development, testing, debugging and quality assurance
- Experience designing, building and managing a variety of websites
- Creating prototypes and functional demos
- Writing and developing technical requirements and wireframes
- Experience with API integrations
- Experience with Website CMSs, CRMs and E-commerce Platforms
- Email development, testing and reporting
- Design: Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Canva,
- Video/Motion: Premiere, Premiere Rush, AfterEffects, Animate
- Sound: Logic X Pro, Audition
- Project Tools: Asana, Basecamp, Slack, Teamwork, Harvest, Workamajig, Mavenlink
- CMS: WordPress, Drupal, Symphony
- CRM: Salesforce, Hubspot
- E-Commerce: Woocommerce, Magento, Shopify
- Presentation: Powerpoint, Google Slides, Keynote
- Analytics/Data: Google Analytics, Crazy Egg, Lucky Orange
- Development: Sublime Text, GitHub, Litmus, Webscope, Sketch, InVision, Google Web Designer
Southern Chesapeake Althetic Association
Executive Board of Directors – Secretary
Marketing Manager, Softball Coach
Serving as the Secretary, Marketing & Website Coordinator as well as Fundraising & Sponsorship Marketing Assistant keeps me busy with with digital and offline marketing, fundraising, branding, website registration, event planning and coordination and communications. You’ll also catch me on the softball field – coaching, scorekeeping or running tournaments.
- League email and social media
- Marketing materials
- Event and tournament management
- Website CMS & online registration
Hampton Roads Chamber Players
Board of Directors
Director of Operations, Marketing Manager
HRCP is a non-profit music program that offers young orchestra players unique opportunities for personal instruction in camps, classes and mentorship programs. Taking the lead in marketing, community outreach and building awareness to drive camp registrations as well as sharing positive experiences. Weekly duties include email database management, sponsorship and donor management and outreach as well as design, photography/videography, and fundraising planning.
- Marketing, sponsorship & event management
- Digital and print marketing materials
- Email & website management
Theater Production Volunteer
Great Bridge Intermediate Drama Club
Set and Prop Designer, Student Mentor
This volunteer position focuses on the fun and creative side of theater production. I mentor and guide middle school theater students in set design, prop builds, and painting and finishing techniques. Helping young minds turn budget limitations into creative resourcefulness is where the real magic of theater happens.
- Production assistant
- Set design & painting
- Prop creation
- Student Mentoring